6 Reasons You Need A B12 Injection… Today!
- You want to lose weight. B12 injections are a great addition to your weight-loss regimen because they help to speed up your metabolism. B12 injections may aid in weight-loss indirectly by improving energy levels, improving sleep, and decreasing depression.
- You want more energy. Ever wondered why there is so much B12 in energy drinks? It’s because B12 is a necessary component for energy production in your cells.
- You want to sleep better. If you’re experiencing trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, B12 may be the answer. B12 helps with regulating the body’s natural circadian rhythm, which controls your sleep and wake cycles.
- Your mood is suffering. A B12 deficiency may cause a buildup of homocysteine in the body, which can cause depressive symptoms. B vitamins aid in the production of dopamine; a neurotransmitter responsible for the sensation of pleasure.
- You can’t concentrate. Wait, what was I reading? Some common signs of B12 deficiency are memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and confusion.
- You’re always sick. An essential component to the production of white blood cells is B12. A deficiency can cause a reduced white blood cell count, having a negative impact on the immune system and your body’s ability to fight off disease.
What causes a B12 deficiency?
- Age. Our body’s ability to absorb B12 from food decreases as we age. It’s not uncommon for adults over age 60 to be deficient.
- Diet. Vegans and vegetarians need to be especially careful they’re getting enough B12, as animal protein is one of the richest sources of this vitamin.
- Medications. Some pharmaceuticals like birth control, antibiotics, and antacids can disrupt the production or absorption of B12.
- Digestive Disorders. Chron’s disease, Celiac disease, gastritis, and other disorders of the GI tract can prevent the absorption of B12. Weight loss surgery can also cause a deficiency in B12.
- Pernicious Anemia. A lack of intrinsic factor can prevent the body from being able to absorb B12 efficiently.
*If you or someone you know is suffering from these symptoms or has risk factors for deficiency, give us a call today. We do B12 injections right here in our office!